Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mmm... Bread!

So I took the pulp from some juice I made the other day, pureed it, and put it in the fridge!  Today I made bread with it! I just followed a banana bread recipe and tweaked it a bit! I used 1/2 of the amount of white sugar and used brown sugar for the other 1/2. I added some oats, in place of some of the flour (It called for 1 1/2 cups flour, I put one cup and 1/2 a cup of oats) Then I made a topping out of a little flour, some more oats, brown sugar and melted butter, and spread it over the top! Popped it in the oven for an hour and Viola!  

Look! One of the pics I took, the butter melting looks like a heart! Ha ha! 


Later tonight or tomorrow (probably tomorrow) I'm going to bake some sugar cookies and boil some eggs to decorate with the kids!! WoooP! I love holidays! Oh and I'll be baking a cake Friday night to decorate a cake Saturday (Sometime between my daughters Ballet class, grocery shopping at 2 stores, cleaning up the kitchen.... and putting my Littles Easter baskets together!)  for Easter brunch!  













No comments:

Post a Comment